Thank you for signing your kid up for our summer camp.
Below you will find some important information on how to prepare for our camps.
If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
We require the parent or guardian to sign an acknowledgment of risk form:
- All campers need to bring a signed acknowledgement of risk form. You can download a pdf version here
- Additionally, a Paddle Canada Waiver which can be downloaded here is required for campers 10 and older who enrolled in:
- our Half-Day Beginner Skills Kayak Camp
- our Full-Day Beginner Skills + Coastal Adventures Camp
- our Intermediate Skills Kayak Camp
Where we are
Our camps take place at the Jericho Beach Kayak Centre which is located within the compound of the Jericho Sailing Centre at Jericho Beach.
Our address is: 1300 Discovery St, Vancouver, BC
Parking: Please park on the east side (far side) of the parking lot near the tennis courts. Note that this is a pay parking lot and is patrolled frequently
Check-in: On the first day of camp check-in will take place right in front of our location. From the tennis courts walk towards the beach and you will see us right at the corner (see map below)
What to bring
- Bathing Suit (to wear under a wetsuit -we provide the wetsuits)
- Clothing that is quick-drying nylon or synthetic (No cotton or jeans as they will be cold when wet!)
- Fleece or wool sweater, light jacket or waterproof rain jacket with hood (weather dependent)
- Sandals or water shoes (Campers will be walking in the sand and water – No flip flops please!)
- Full change of clothes & footwear to go home in if they get wet
- Snack that is packaged watertight (so it can be brought in the kayak -ziplock bags or tupperware containers work)
- Nutritious big lunch – (for full-day camps)
- Water bottle
- Sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses with secured neckstring
Please refer to our FAQ for some more answers to common questions.
Or feel free to get in touch and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We are looking forward to having you join us on the water!