Online Trip Planning
Take advantage of those long winter nights and get ready to plan (and dream) about next year’s kayaking trips!
Who this course is for
Beginners and experienced kayakers alike that are planning either day trips or overnight kayak trips.
Why this course is so important
Being on the water, exposed to Mother Nature, means when things do go wrong, and they can go very wrong, very quickly.
Almost all the time, a lack of trip planning or adequate ocean knowledge is the reason people get into trouble.
Your Course Instructors
After a countless number of excursion to various islands in British Columbia, and a host of international kayaking trips, our Paddle Canada Certified kayak instructors have a wealth of overnight trip knowledge to share with you. They’ve seen it all and know how to ensure a safe and EPIC kayak trip!
This Online Trip Planning Series runs over 4 evenings and is designed to cover everything you need to successfully plan a safe kayaking trip.
Course 1: Charts & Navigation
Course 2: Tides & Currents
Course 3: Marine Weather
Course 4: Picking a suitable location, What to bring, How to pack and Risk Assessment.
Each topic will include a Q&A sessions, along with further resource material for those wanting to “geek out” and further their knowledge base.
Just $99 for the entire series!
Wednesday evenings 6-8pm PT + Q&A
- October 18 (Chart & Navigation)
- October 25 (Tides & Currents)
- November 1 (Marine Weather)
- November 8 (Bringing it all together: Trip Planning and Execution)
Tuesday evenings 6-8pm PT + time for Q&A
- January 16 (Chart & Navigation)
- February 23 (Tides & Currents)
- January 30 (Marine Weather)
- February 6 (Bringing it all together: Trip Planning and Execution)
Monday evenings 6-8pm PT + time for Q&A
- March 18 (Chart & Navigation)
- March 25 (Tides & Currents)
- April 1 (Marine Weather)
- April 8 (Bringing it all together: Trip Planning and Execution)